Day 99

Something in the way she knows
All I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me

I don't want to leave her now

What is it about New York City?
Personally, it's a feeling that it will never let you down.
No matter what it will always be fascinating, surprising and familiar :
every corner and every park you will have that feeling
"I know I've already been here, I didn't but I feel it"
and every time you glance up
- I'd say you can count the times you don't -
you will be trapped in the sensation that you are in the right place
and things won't start anywhere else.
Yet it is unbelievable to feel on one's skin this old-fashioned New York fever,
but I wasn't expecting this to happen,
therefore I has no protections when it did.

And it is of a great satisfaction to wake up and hear in the news that you can count on that city :
name anywhere else where a stressed, fashionable line of people can pay up to 120 $
for the new pastry gourmet craze :
The Cronut.

Yes, some profane baker named
did something that for a french conservative 
would be much more like a stab in his back :
he created the mix between a croissant and a donut !
And apparently New Yorker went completely nuts for it,
and as the originals ( 5$) are always sold out within few moments after the opening of the bakery
Craiglist is seeing the growing of a black market,
where cronuts are sold at a five-hundred-per-cent markup.

What can be so special about this layered, 
yeast-leavened puff pastry shaped into a ring and fried to a slight crisp 
?

Some say : “New York used to be a city of queues—movies, concert tickets, the Department of Motor Vehicles. Now technology sorts you out. A good line is hard to find.” 

What I say is that New Yorker have some sort of sense of duty towards the world :
If they are not queuing at 6 am for a Frankenstein of the pastries,
who else in world would possibly do that?

In case you were wondering what a Cronut could look like 
here is a list of articles describing the (sometimes personal) new sugary fever :


and here you will see the results for #gocronut 


Good morning world!