Day 48

We are not empty and deaf dummies.
No,
but for once I've heard the words coming from a tradition of values
fighting the fatigue of the body to reach us and
 our new generations to remind us that commitment and honor are still possible.

The speech of the re-elected President of the Republic,
Giorgio Napolitano,
made me feel ashamed in the first place.
Italy is currently lacking effective decisions, effective leaders, clear politics
and the only result achieved so far has been the re-election of a 87 years old person, who repeatedly declared his unwillingness of a second candidacy.

But then I felt something else :
pride, hope and a certain identification with values 
that are so deeply buried in our conscience to feel as if coming from a more glorious past
(and to this feeling poor enhancement will do the age of President Napolitano).
I felt a decisiveness in his words that hopefully will remind us all that politics should be more about effectiveness rather than empty rethoric
(and very real greeds) .
I felt the commitment of "an Italian facing crucial moments", 
directly inspired by the great spirit 
that brought together kaleidoscopic interests during the drafting of our Constitution.
I heard the word "us
no longer associated with a priced electoral constituency ,
but with the idea of an italian identity.
I heard the will of acting,
referred to the much needed electoral law
referred to that vaste portion of Italy that is suffering the outcomes of the crisis
referred to the decline of the political system
referred to the need of change expressed by the success of M5S

I heard the words "Viva la Repubblica, viva l'Italia!"

Now I would like to SEE my country take that challenge,
aknowledge its power to act,
and finally change.