Day 18




From my window, Lisbon October 2012



What is 'home' ?

Once again life has no consistency with established concepts and once again I understand
that life is precisely about adding your personal meaning to those unintelligible big concepts.

For those who know me, a suitcase is almost a natural annex of myself,
therefore a static home doesn't really fit me.
But at the same time I've lately discovered that my nomadism needs some reference point,
especially because I always try to live my destinations, superficial tourism can wait for my old age.

It is a strange feeling to close the door of one apartment and within 24 h to open another door and feel extactly the same : behind that door there is you, your objects and your personal idea of order and shelter and yet these places do not belong to you as well as you don't belong to them.

And here is where my concept of home takes shape.
Home can be anywhere with anybody (especially if you are with me)
as long as you are free to live your daily life with a smile on your face;
home is everytime I had breakfast with other sleepy faces;
home is everytime I cooked for someone, while chatting and sipping wine;
home is all the times that someone choose the right music,
either for a "good morning" or a "good night";
home can be 5 minutes or years;
home is made of places that make me feel I can be myself,
with all the small actions that shape my days.


And to all these places and people,
I never forget to say thank you.
Because home is never unilateral,
home is at least between you and the caffettiera.


And for today the soundtrack couldn't be better :