Day 197


Last time in El Saudi supermarket
I found this unknown "thing".
But the shape was too funny and I decided it was time
to for another "egyptian experience".
But I had no idea about the identity of this green botch
-  fruit? vegetable? should I cook it or not? -
so I decided the best option was to ask the locals for some clarification..

You see me going around the beach on the Red Sea
carrying the "thing"
- no wonder people were staring at me with some concern -
but the results of my inquiries have been contradictory :
first of all, it is a fruit.
Some talked about it with enthusiasm and lust,
but recommending to avoid eating the seeds,
others told me it was not good to eat it.
Of course they told me its name several times,
but you already know about my memory skills.

In any case,
yesterday night we took the big step and tried it :
although a bit unripe,
the gelly part was really good,
sweet and fresh,
and it could have been a perfect ingredient for pina colada,
as someone remarked.

I'll try to bring some back to Italy
and give it a try!