Day 158

Midnight
(or later)
 would be the perfect timing for
the flower market in Bangkok.
I know it can sound quite late,
but this special market is 24 h
and the most suggestive moment
is when the night comes,
and blossoms free all their different parfumes,
which melt which the sludge of narrow
and crowded streets,
resulting in a dazing
and full scent
that will stick to your hair and clothes
and
hopefully
end up following you inside a luggage
until home.
If not, the memories of this market,
certainly will.
For me, what has been stunning in the first place
was the incredible amount of flowers
laying together on stands,
rolled up in newspapers or plastic bags
or simply piled up into baskets.
The picture is absolutely not representative of what
I am describing,
mea culpa,
but on the internet you can get a better feeling
of what it looks like .

Personally,
out of thousands of different species of flowers,
what made me fall in love
was to find out they were using my favourite flower
for their celebrations' crowns :
the white (and tiny) acacia buds,
and the whole market was permeated
with its overwhelming scent.

The market is really easy to spot,
as it's very close to the Memorial Bridge pier
or the Saphan Phut Chao Phraya pier.
If you have the possibility,
try to be there by night,
I couldn't but I seriously regret it :
it a deep plunge into a sensorial experience!