Day 142


Snooping around markets is absolutely one of my favourite hobbies,
and Bangkok is an endless source of cheap and odd stands
full of jumble.

One that is particularly interesting is the Amulets' Market
right in front of the Royal Palace.
Vendors display their goods in a crowded and messy atmosphere
and you can find almost everything :
buddha necklaces, buddha images, religious coins, old coins,
second-hand forniture, king pictures, watches, sunglasses,
durians, clothes, cold drinks, dick-shaped amulets
(they are thought to boost the fertility when tied around the waist )
copper animals and trinkets,
like the copper rings in the picture.
I spent one hour choosing among the most unthinkable rings I had ever seen
and eventually I found 5 or 6 cute rings
for 20 cents each.
 Still, I cannot wear them as my fingers turn green in 5 mins
but they'll serve as a souvenir for a great afternoon.