Day 40

After all invectives about freedom and islam and Egypt I feel the need to share an amazing experience I had :
couple days ago I took a taxi from Heliopolis, on my way back from the animal medical center.
For those who are not familiar with Cairo, Heliopolis-Tagamoa (which is were I live) is about 20 mins by car, on a road often packed with traffic and always driven by insane fast-and-furious egyptians.
With me I had the standard billion of things in my hands + a huge and heavy bag + a cat
so that, when the taxi broke in the middle of a an underground tunnel and I got out of the car managing neither to kill myself nor to loose the cat,
it was already a miracle to have forgotten...just the blackberry on the taxi!

As soon as I realized it I didn't even think for a second about a plan to find it again
 in a city of almost 18 million people and 10 millions cabs.

Later,when we tried to call the number, the taxi driver picked up the phone and told us
-through a translator-
that he would have brought it back the following day (which left me completely incredulous)
but the battery dead and I thought the adventure was over.
But damn was I wrong!

On the following day the man found a way to recharge the battery, then dialled the last numbers recorder on my phone, drove all the way to Tagamoa (which is at least 20 mins from Cairo)
and gave it back to me.

I am still speechless.