Day 27

Net passion, Paris.
Sometimes it gives me goose bumps to realize how strong human passion can be.
There is a small percentage of us that is living for a cause and I cannot help feeling complete respect and admiration for them.
For example scientists living in the WAIS center (South Antartic Pole) ;
biologists risking their lives in the Garamba natural reserve ;
volunteers giving up western commodities for re-building the Sadhana forest...

I am not talking of well-known heroes, but of normal people who consecrate their lives to whatever passion they have or to whatever cause they feel as invaluable.
Normal human beings that have the strenght to enter a path or a commitment that will monopolize their choices, will put boundaries to their freedom and impose them painful sacrifices.
People that to a cozy two-room flat prefer a thatched hut plunged in some ultra-humid weather,probably infested with some disgusting insect, in a country with scarce development and abundant inconveniences.
Or, at the other extreme, people that live in places where it is so cold that they have to dig themselves out of the snow that falls everynight on their research center to see some sunlight.
Personally, recalling myself in the last snow-storm in Milan or the last time that I suffered humidity makes me realize I would barely survive such a life.

To these people I owe inspiration and to these people I dedicate the passion I try to put in my pursuit of a path.
And is these people that I hold as truly free.
Because someone who decides to give up every alternative that life plays us along with
cannot be but genuinely free.